
I have a random collection of all kinds of wonders from the sea from my time in Hawaii.
Ring 2/365 ring is based on those little wonders.
I adore the playfulness and the variety these shells naturally boast. The gray base that is holding them up is a glob of sculpty clay.
Sadly the gold and monetary wealth that was once there is now only a memory. The wealth is now alive in the culture, which is worth more than any physical material.
We recently traveled to the world renowned ruins of Machu Picchu. It is beautiful and stunning, but I was saddened to hear that the majority of the original artifacts are not there, not even in Peru, but are in the Museum of Yale University. Peru has been fighting the university for almost a century trying to get them back. Article: Peru Sues Yale for artifacts.
My partner said to me "I see Peru as a tooth with a big cavity inside, it looks beautiful, but is only superficial."

No comments:
Post a Comment